Fire by hand drill

Fire by hand drill

Friday 8 February 2013

Jack london short stories

I am ashamed to say that I have never read any of the short stories by mr London until this week. It seems I have never got around to it.

Over the last while I have been working through them. Well working is not the word. Journeying is more apt.

The stories whisk you back to a time of frost and hardship and death. Sleigh dogs firewood and cabin fever.  Gold and skins.

Absolutely fantastic.  I think I have got more out of it knowing a little about some of the things.

Some sentences and paragraphs I have read many times soaking in the prose and feeling the cold of the far north seeping into my bones through the open door of my imagination.

If you have not read them do so. You will probably learn something. Or if you are not a reader listen to a good audio collection voiced well.

No comments: