Fire by hand drill

Fire by hand drill

Sunday 22 April 2012

Fallkniven S1 Forest Knife

Hi all,
I have been lucky enough to have got a hold of one of these tools.
I have been using it over the past few days. It is designed as a wilderness knife and as a hunters knife but I wanted to give it some light wood work to do.
The knife blade is about 5 inches long. The handle is hard textured rubber and very comfortable.
For batoning it is fantastic, and basically blows the wood apart! I think the fact that the blade is 5mm wide helps with this.
I carved a few feathersticks which it was good for. However I think feathersticks are more to do with skill than the knife if it is sharp.
I also made a quick spoon which was easy enough too!
Next I carved a set for hand drill.
I will be processing a deer soon which is presently frozen and I plan to use the knife for that too.
I will keep updating as I use it.
Cheers

No comments: