This is a little challenge I have set myself.
To walk into the woods with nothing and acheive the following things.(got this list of bushcraftusa)
* make a simple blade from flint or other material
* cut and carve wood without a metal knife or saw
* make cord and withies from natural materials
* make fire with two rocks (flint and iron pyrites) and natural tinder (no modern/artificial materials)
* make a shelter with your bare hands that will keep you warm and dry through a winters night without a sleeping bag
* find the best available water and make it safe
* forage for plant foods in the forest and cook them without a pot
* dig latrines and maintain hygiene in survival situations
* navigate without a compass
watch this space.
In the spring myself and a friend are going to test ourselves but more details on that later.